MTSS Framework & Clymb
What is MTSS?
Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) is a proactive and preventative framework that focuses on maximizing student achievement and supporting students' social, emotional, and behavioral needs from a strengths-based perspective. MTSS provides a framework for educators to engage in data-based decision making related to program improvement, high-quality instruction and intervention, social and emotional learning, and positive behavioral supports necessary to ensure positive outcomes for districts, schools, teachers, and students.
The 4 components of MTSS include:
- Screening to identify students who may require additional supports.
- Progress monitoring to assess and quantify student responsiveness or improvement.
- Multi Tiered Prevention System (Tier 1, 2 & 3) with integrated support for academics and behavior.
- Data-Driven Decision Making about instruction, intervention and implementation.
SEL and MTSS
How does SEL fit within the MTSS framework?
Schoolwide implementation of SEL offers an opportunity to enhance or refine existing systems of support such as MTSS. SEL and MTSS have a shared emphasis on prevention and intervention strategies and support the whole child beyond academics. Both approaches advocate for a proactive and systematic approach to support students at different tiers of need. Furthermore, SEL works to enhance both the academic and behavioral components of MTSS since it is essential for all kinds of learning.
Clymb and MTSS
How does Clymb fit within your existing MTSS framework?
Clymb can be used as a Tier 1 intervention for universal support provided to all students.
- Clymb delivers personalized, evidence-based, SEL resources to students as a universal behavioral health support.
- Clymb uses a preventative and proactive approach to strengthen school-wide positive behavior and improved school climate and culture. By promoting social and emotional well-being, Clymb contributes to creating a nurturing and conducive learning environment for all students.
Integrating Clymb into the MTSS framework empowers school counselors, principals, and social workers with the tools they need to provide effective support and foster the holistic development of every student.